Who do I contact about this website?
As of January 2014, the County Coordinator is Dennis Partridge.
Where does information come from? How can I contribute to this site?
Much of the content comes from people researching their ancestors who lived in Adams County. We will gladly include photographs, family histories, and just about anything not copyrighted. Please contact us if you have anything to share!
Where can I find official records in Adams County, Illinois?
The Adams County Courthouse is located at 507 Vermont, Quincy, IL 62301. Birth, marriage and death records can be found in the County Clerk’s office. Land records are in the Adams County Recorder’s Office. Wills and Probate are in the Circuit Clerk’s Office. Adams County Website.
Where can I visit to look for more information?
- Quincy Public Library – 526 Jersey, Quincy IL. The library has family histories, death index, census infroamtion, local newspapers, and a very helpful reference staff.
- Adams County Courthouse – 521 Vermont, Quincy IL. Vital records described above.
- Historical Society of Quincy and Adams County – 421 S 12th, Quincy IL. A variety of collections and events.
- Quincy Illinois Family History Center – 210 Cardinal Terrace, Quincy IL. Local LDS Family History Center. Open to the public, free resources including microfilm and computer access.
- Quincy Area Convention and Visitors Bureau – 532 Gardner Expressway, Quincy IL.
- Illinois Veterans Home (formerly Illinois Soldiers and Sailors Home) – 1710 N 12th, Quincy, IL.