Bible records of the Anderson family bible held by Rosa Thele Anderson, widow of Lawrence Glynn Anderson of Burlington, Iowa, deceased.
Albert Anderson was born Dec. 29, 1839
Lydia J. Largent was born June 2, 1844
Martha P. Anderson was born Feb. 8th 1866
Milford P. Anderson was born Oct. 18 1867
Lillie B. Anderson was born Feb. 22, 1870
Ira R. Anderson was born Feb. 05, 1872
Albert R. Anderson was born May 4th 1874
William A. Anderson was born Jan’y 5, 1877
The Anderson Family
The individuals mentioned in the Anderson Family Bible are descendants of John Anderson and Elizabeth Guerrant, John being an 1812 War Veteran. John Anderson served in Capt. Richard Menifee’s Company, commanded by Col. John Donaldson, of the Kentucky Mounted Militia. He mustered in at Montgomery Co. Kentucky, and was present at the taking of Ft. Malden and at the Battle of the River Thames, both in Canada. He received Bounty Land in the state of Illinois and settled in Melrose, Adams Co., in 1828/1829.
John and Elizabeth were married at Canton, Buckingham Co., Virginia 3 Jan. 1819 according to the Bounty Land and Pension records.
Their children were:
- Martha Ann Anderson 20 Oct 1819, Montgomery Co., Ky, m. Samuel R. Hastings
- John Guerrant Anderson 4 Jun 1821, Montgomery Co., Ky, died in infancy
- Mary Jane Anderson, 19 Jul 1822, Montgomery Co., KY, m. Charles Kirkpatrick
- Stephen Guerrant Anderson, 17 Jul 1824, Montgomery Co., Ky, died young
- Marcus Lindsey Anderson, 23 May 1826, Kentucky, m. Esther Roberts, served in Civil War
- John Anderson, 13 Apr 1831, Quincy, Illinois, m. Helen Blanchard. 1) Entered Civil War with Marcus, discharged for disability when he shot off his own thumb.
- George Washington Anderson, 20 Feb 1835, Quincy, IL died aft 1870, unmarried.
- Elizabeth Anderson, 19 Jan 1837, Quincy, Illinois, m. Cyrus Felt, moved to Kansas
- Albert Anderson, 29 Dec 1839, Quincy, IL, d. 18 Jul 1886, Quincy, of typhoid. 2)This Albert is the father of the Albert in the above Bible Records.
- Adalaide Anderson, 9 Jul 1842, Quincy, IL, m. Isaac Linthicum, moved to Colorado
- Robert William Anderson, 12 Sep 1845, Quincy, IL, m. Mary M. Goodrich, moved to Idaho.
Sources: [ + ]
|1.||↑||Entered Civil War with Marcus, discharged for disability when he shot off his own thumb.|
|2.||↑||This Albert is the father of the Albert in the above Bible Records.|