Adams County Illinois Genealogy
Dedicated to providing free information for family historians searching for their roots in Adams County, Illinois. Page updates are complete as of March 2016.
Do you have content to share? Do you have questions, comments, or to report a broken link or other issue, contact Dennis Partridge at [email protected]. Some questions may be answered on our FAQ page.
Adams County is located on the banks of the Mississippi River in West Central Illinois. The county was established January 13, 1825 and named for President John Quincy Adams. John Wood is regarded as the founding father of Adams County. Wood and his friend Willard Keyes first settled in the area in 1819.
Search This Site for Adams County Records
Corrections and Additions to East Friesland
Immigrants to Golden
Cleve Barkley submitted some additional information and corrections to the list of East Friesland Immigrants to Golden.
Share your Adams County discoveries
Drop us a note if you can share things like:
- local family histories, memoirs, diaries, family trees
- old phone or business directories
- links to relevant websites
- success stories--what resources or research techniques have worked for you
- to report an error or broken links
We may be able to scan and digitize books that are no longer under copyright restrictions. Let us know who you are researching so we can grow our Surnames page. Just email us.
Hit a brick wall in searching for your kin? Have you tried:
- Searching in neighboring counties and states - see bottom of page
- Posting to a message board - try Rootsweb Illinois boards
- Joining a mailing list - RootsWeb Illinois lists (by county, nationality, etc.)
- Searching by Surnames - RootsWeb has surname lists and surname boards
- Find a Facebook group - search by surname or by location
Adams County Records!
Who are we?
County coordinator for ILGenWeb. Do you have content to share? Do you have questions, comments, or to report a broken link or other issue, contact Dennis Partridge at [email protected]. Some questions may be answered on our FAQ page.
ILGenWeb isn’t an ordinary genealogy website. Ordinary websites are those where text and sometimes pretty pictures are present, but trying to get in touch with a real person to help you with your research… impossible. The strength of ILGenWeb is its many volunteers, some of whom have spent over a decade assisting others with their Illinois research.
A group of volunteers working together to provide free genealogy websites for genealogical research in every county and every state of the United States. This Project is non-commercial and fully committed to free genealogy access for everyone.