Salem Evangelical Church, Quincy, Illinois

 

 

Salem The History

The first meeting of what would later become Salem was held on Easter Sunday 1848. The Rev. Christoph Jung, working on behalf of the German mission society, conducted the meeting. In 1877 the church moved to its present location, on the northwest corner of 9th and State, and has since undergone major renovations (1910, 1927, 1952, 1967, 1980, 1993) that have enhanced both the interior and exterior. Salem is a historic landmark in Quincy’s German Historical district.

 

 

Click on the 1848-1923 Book to download as a PDF

Book ChurchBook

 

 

 

Adams County Records!

Who are we?